$500 PRIZE MONEY!
4th Annual Competition is on Saturday, March 4, 2017 on 5th Street in downtown Calumet!
Registration opens is February 2017... details to come.
Here's an easy way to make $250, just build a doghouse, put together a team, get a few friends to do the same and you are in the money... if you are fast enough!
1st Place ............ $250
2nd Place .......... $100
3rd Place ........... $75
Fan Favorite ...... $75
- Registration is through 11:30am on Saturday, there is NO REGISTRATION FEE! So get involved!
- A starting 1-block pull, followed by a “bone toss”, wrapped up by a 1-block pull. For the “bone toss” when any of the teams members are able to land three dog-bogs in a dish, the team may continue.
- The race is open to the entire family. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Teams are encouraged to embrace “themes” add dress appropriately.The clock stops when the entire team, including the doghouse, crosses the finish line.
- The doghouse must be constructed out of sturdy materials that will not shatter (glass) or leave any sharp debris on the snow road. The doghouse may be constructor out of materials such as cardboard and duct tape.
- This is a race competition; the doghouse should slide on the snow road riding on skies, sled or other slipper contraption.
- The dog house should be able to support the weight of a rider inside or on top of the structure.
- The dog house must be rigged to be pulled with a rope or cable of some fashion. There is no limit on the length of the rope. The rope may have knots, loops, or any sort of harness attached to help pullers hold onto the rope when running.
- The doghouse must have a name (preferably in good taste) easily readable on the structure.
- The doghouse may be pulled by up to 8 humans (adults or kids).
- People may be spaced by any interval along a rope of any length.
- Ropes may be rigged with harness, bars, loops or anything pull the rope.
- Riders must stay in or on the doghouse and cannot help with locomotion.
If you have any questions on the race or entry, please contact our lead organizer Dianne at email@example.com. Thank your for your time, and we hope to see your team on the snow road!
2017 CopperDog 150
Saturday Event Committee
Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Brassard Media. All rights reserved.